Nominations are now closed. Winners will be announced in early 2023.
The TCNJ Alumni Association Board welcomes the college community to submit nominations in the award categories listed below. Individuals being nominated should have made a lasting impact on TCNJ or society through outstanding professional, philanthropic, or volunteer accomplishments. We also encourage the submission of additional supporting material, such as a resume, LinkedIn profile page, an article or webpage speaking to the nominee’s work/impact, or a written description of the nominee’s work and service.
All nominees are reviewed by the TCNJ Alumni Association Board’s Alumni Awards Committee. Nominees may not be currently employed by The College of New Jersey or its affiliated organizations.
Alumni Citation Award
- Conferred continuously since 1940, the Alumni Citation Award is the premier award given by the TCNJ Alumni Association. It is granted to a living alumnus or alumna who:
- has achieved exceptional success in work and/or community;
- has demonstrated a sustained association with the college;
- graduated 15 or more years prior to nomination
Distinguished Service Award
- First given in 1998, this award recognizes an individual who has provided exceptional service to the college, his/her class, the TCNJ Alumni Association, and/or the college’s students.
- First given in 2001, recognizes an alumnus or alumna who has shown exceptional public-spiritedness or concern for human welfare through philanthropic activities.
Young Alumni Award
- The newest of the four awards, this award recognizes an alumnus or alumna of the last 10 years whose professional accomplishments, dedication to alma mater, and/or service to society are distinctive.